My name is Holly Elaine Juengling. I was born into a family that has 14 children
plus my parents. My parents are Russel
Alvin Nelson and Donna Elizabeth Hale.
My place in the family is child number 7. I have 6 sisters and 7 brothers. Since I was born in the middle, I actually
know and grew up with all of my siblings.
Some of them can’t claim that fame.
My oldest sister, for instance, was gone and married before the last two
of my siblings were born. The last two
siblings were also born as an aunt and uncle.
I was born in Portland Oregon while we lived in West
Linn. We later moved to Mulino Oregon
and then to Silverton Oregon, which is where most of my growing up memories are
from. We attended a 3 room grade school
that had all 8 grades in it. I was in
school with some of my sisters.
I attended Silverton Union High School from 1978-1982. When I graduated I went to Utah to attend
Brigham Young University. I attended
there until 1984 when I moved back to Oregon to earn more money. I started working as an accounts payable
clerk and while working and attending young adults, I met my future husband,
Charles Fritz Juengling. We dated and
were married on Feb 6, 1986. We got
married in the Seattle Temple as the Portland Temple hadn’t been built yet.
We had our fist son named Konrad Anders Juengling on Feb 22,
1987 and then his brother Kurt Friedrick Juengling on Feb 1, 1988. Technically we had 2 children before we had
been married for two years, since our wedding anniversary was 5 days after Kurt
was born. We lived at the time in Coos
Bay Oregon where Fritz was teaching high school. Gerrit Keith Juengling joined our family on
June 18, 1990 and that same year we moved to St. Paul Minnesota so Fritz could
attend graduate school. We were joined
by Erika Nicole Juengling on Sept 26, 1992 while still in school. We lived in Minnesota for 8 years while Fritz
got his masters degree and his PHd in philology.
We moved back to Salem Oregon in 1999 and bought our first
house in Oct of 2000. Our address was
4812 Elkhorn Dr SE, Salem Oregon. We
lived within 1 mile of Fritz’s parents which was good since his mother was ill
at the time.
We lived in Salem Oregon for 12 years and then ended up
moving to Bountiful Utah in Nov of 2011 because of a job change by Fritz. Our children are all in college now. This year we have Kurt & Erika graduating
with their 4 year degrees, Gerrit with his 2 year degree and I’m taking college
classes along with Konrad who will be starting his graduate program soon in
Oregon.
All of our boys live in Oregon and Erika lives
in Idaho while finishing her schooling.
We now live in Utah.
Above is me on the left with my mother on the right.
Above is my father on the left and me on the right.
No comments:
Post a Comment