This is an example of one of my hobbies. It's called Leaf Art. It's dried leaves that are framed with hand embroidery embellishments. This leaf is 2 feet x 3 feet and it's a Chinese Rhubarb. Behind it is a meander stitch. It took 14 hours to complete.
I recently completed a life goal of having an art show. I was a vendor at the Bountiful Summerfest where I sold these to the public. I was so excited to see what people would say, if they were interested in buying them, and how the whole process worked. My goal at the time was to sell enough to make back my booth entrance fee, which I did before the second day was over!
The first one I sold was to an elderly couple. He asked me how I came up with the idea and how long I've been a vendor. I told him this was my first experience at being a vendor and I thought the leaves looked really good framed with some embroidery. He said they were very well done and that they showed professionalism. As he was purchasing his leaf art, he said "Let me introduce myself, I'm the head of the Art Association". I was thrilled! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment