This is a picture of a church in Denmark where my great-great grandpa was baptised. We made this trip to Denmark last July, 2013. Since then I've taken a class through BYU-I on religion where we were asked to look into a Culture Research project. My research project was to ask the question "Why would my ancestor's leave Denmark and move to Minnesota?". After much research, I decided it was because in Denmark they could not own land. They worked farms that were owed by one person. At the death of the farmer, the land wasn't given to his decendants, but it went back to the land owner to assign at will. Thus, my Danish ancestors moved from Denmark to a new life in America.
This picture is significant to me alone. It's the door to the church that my ancestors would have entered, each time they attended church. It's also symbolic in a way. It's the door to doing my family history work. It's what got me interested in my ancestors and getting their temple work done.
This scan doesn't look like much, but it proves the parents of my great-great grandfather. My Danish line had stopped with him. Now I'm able to extend out our family line. The records on Family Search showed that he had 4 children. During my research I found that he actually had 6 children!! I will be adding these two children into my family tree and getting their names ready for the temple.


No comments:
Post a Comment