My view on life with some life goals
Hi. My name is Holly Juengling.
I'd like to tell you my testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. I have been a member all my life. I was raised in a part-member household, where I saw first hand what stresses you can add to your life when parents don't agree on religion.
With that daily example it was VERY important to me that I marry a person not only with my same religious background, but also someone with my same values and ideals. I found that person in my husband, Fritz. We got married in the Seattle Temple on Feb 6, 1986. My parents were not able to attend my wedding. There is an interesting story behind this. Before I got married, my older brother got married to his girlfriend in an outdoor wedding ceremony. I was to ride to the wedding with my brother, then ended up instead riding with my parents. While sitting in the backseat, my father caught my eye in the rearview mirror. He said, "This religion of yours must not mean very much to your brother; he isn't getting married in a temple." At this point in my life I was considering getting married in a civil wedding ceremony so that my parents could attend. You see, there are 14 children in my family, and I'm the 7th. Up to this point, before my brother's wedding, my parents had not seen the first 4 of their children married. My Dad's offhand comment changed my future plans. It was then and there, that very moment in fact, that I decided to settle for nothing less than a temple marriage.
I got baptised when I was eight years old. My baptism day was shared with my sister Yvonne and my brother Tyrone. My brother Robin baptised me into the church. I have always had a testimony of the truthfullness of this church. I grew up going to church each Sunday and learning all I could there. At home we were not allowed to pray, to hold family home evenings, or to read scriptures. To get around this, we said our own prayers in our rooms before sleeping. We all would get together on Monday nights and just hang out together and we read our scriptures in our bedrooms by ourselves. My mother was a big influence of a righteous person. She joined the church as a young mother, and though my Dad tried often to get her to stop 'being a Mormon' she held her ground.
I have a testimony of tithing. I've paid my tithing not knowing how we would make it to the next paycheck, and we always have. I have a testimony of prayer, as mine have been answered so many times. I know the Lord will speak to us through the Holy Ghost, as he has done so to me. I believe in miracles, as I've experience 3 so far in my own life. I will always guard my testimony as something that I hold dear. It helps me as I continue on the path of life.
I would also like to share my life goals. I want to graduate from college. I want to be self reliant and to help others become so too. I would like to make a difference in the lives of those around me. I think it's important to lift those you come in contact with by giving them a kind word or smile. I want to help my children become good citizens and that they in turn become the positive difference in someone elses life. I want to be known as someone who would always choose the right. I've also decided I'd like to live to be 82.
Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment